Coach Mark Dantonio has slowly assembled his program at Michigan State. He learned from some of the best..... coached under two championship coaches, Jim Tressel at Ohio State and Nick Saban (as an assistant coach) at Michigan State. Also he was a Graduate Assistant under Earle Bruce at OSU. Now, he has his team poised for championships that includes a 2015 Big Ten Championship! His Michigan State Spartans made it to the College Football Play-offs, and #Spartan Nation has taken another huge stride!
Coach Dantonio and I sat down and discussed the intricacies of the foundation of his Michigan State Football Program. We also talked about one of the pillars of his program.... Coach Ken Mannie.... the venerable Spartan strength and conditioning coach.
Here's the ASAP Podcast with Coach Dantonio on Team Building Strategy:
Also, Coach Ken Mannie and MSU Spartans Strength Clinic director Mike Vorkapich are prepping for their annual event. This year's speaker line-up features:
- Master of Ceremonies: ASAP Sports Science Director Ted Lambrinides
- Michigan State Spartans' Head S&C Ken Mannie
- Tennessee Vols Strength Coach Dave Lawson
- Justus Galac New York Jets Strength
- Fitness Researcher Wayne Westcott
- Northwestern University Wildcats S&C Jay Hooten
- Sports Performance Trainer Jim Kielbaso
- MSU Sports Dietitian Jessica Watson
ASAP Video and Blogpost by Ed Cicale
All Rights Reserved ASAP~ Athletic Strength And Power